W32.Downadup is a worm that propagates on local and network drives by taking advantage of the Microsoft Windows Server Service RPC Handling Remote Code Execution Vulnerability. W32.Downadup also create its own Service on Windows to run itself each time Windows is started.
Other Alias: Win32/Conficker.A, W32/Downadup.A, Conficker.A, Net-Worm.Win32.Kido.bt
We have a tool from Symantec to remove this virus
How to download and run the tool
Important: You must have administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.
Follow these steps to download and run the tool:
1. Download the FixDwndp.exe file from: here.
2. Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
3. Close all the running programs.
4. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
5. If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore. For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
Locate the file that you just downloaded.
6. Double-click the FixDwndp.exe file to start the removal tool.
7. Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
NOTE: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
8. Restart the computer.
9. Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
10. If you are running Windows Me/XP, then re enable System Restore.
11. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
12. Run Live Update to make sure that you are using the most current virus definitions.
When the tool has finished running, you will see a message indicating whether the threat has infected the computer. The tool displays results similar to the following:
* Total number of the scanned files
* Number of deleted files
* Number of repaired files
* Number of terminated viral processes
* Number of fixed registry entries
What the tool does
The Removal Tool does the following:
* Terminates the associated processes
* Deletes the associated files
* Deletes the registry values added by the threat
Source : Karunya Intranet